31 May 2019
Vesta Cover Limited - Version: 1
- What kind of personal information we collect and what we do with that information.
- Where we collect personal information from.
- Who we may use to collect personal information.
- How we use and disclose personal information.
- The consequences of you not providing the personal information we request from you.
- How we store personal information.
- How you can access and where applicable amend your personal information.
- How long we hold personal information.
- Who you can contact for further information.
What kind of personal information we collect
We collect the personal information you give us, which may include:
- Your name, e-mail address, residential address, contact telephone numbers.
- Information about your past and present health, employment, your income, and your financial and personal circumstances.
- Where relevant, specific documents which verify your identity and other personal details (such as your passport or driver's licence number).
- Information about past or present personal insurance policies you hold/held.
We may also keep a record of any information that you acquire from us.
You can visit the Vesta website (Site) without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
Where we collect personal information from
We collect personal information through this Site by the following means:
- By you contacting us enquiring about information about us and the services we provide.
- When you register on the Site as a subsciber or as an enquirer.
- When you make an application on the Site for a policy.
- When you participate in any promotions we may make available, or competitions that we may run, through this Site.
If you are or want to be a client, we may collect personal information about you from medical practices that hold your records. By applying for an insurance policy through the Site, you authorise us to obtain personal information about you from your past or present medical centre.
We may also collect personal information through public sources and through third party service providers, where you have agreed to the release of such personal information to third parties or to us.
We will not otherwise collect any personal information about you except when you knowingly provide it.
Who we may use to collect your personal information
Third parties you may have had dealings with
Publicly available information
Your executors, administrators or persons holding authority to act on your behalf
Public and subscribed databases
Any persons considered necessary to carry out your instructions
Purposes for which we may collect, use, disclose and hold your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Responding to queries.
- Providing you with information about us.
- Providing you with our services, as requested by you.
- Making a decision to provide you with our services or provide you with information about the services we provide, including evaluating your insurability.
- Verifying your identity
- Managing the products and services we provide.
- Managing your premium payments and one off payments with direct debit companies.
- Preventing and defending instances of fraud, unlawful conduct, and other risks to our products and services
- Internal and external dispute resolution.
- Providing your personal information when requested by our regulator (the Financial Markets Authority).
- Enabling our internal staff to promote their products and services to you.
- Ensuring that we comply with relevant legislation and regulations in providing any services to you or providing you with access to any services that we provide. Any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time personal information is collected.
- Compiling statistical data
- Complying with specific New Zealand laws that make it mandatory for us to collect your personal information which is necessary for us to comply with our Privacy obligations.
We may use, sell, licence, distribute and disclose data which we develop from personal information, provided that such data has been stripped of all personally identifiable information.
Disclosing your information to Third Parties