Vesta Cover Limited
Vesta Cover Limited (FSP731911), trading as Vesta Cover, holds a Financial Markets Authority's licence to provide financial advice.
Bryan Tucker (FSP99884)
Ruth Tucker (FSP775237)
Nature and Scope of the Advice
Vesta Cover provides advice to our clients about their KiwiSaver, travel, life and health insurance. Our financial advisers offer financial advice about KiwiSaver, travel, life and health insurance. We only provide financial advice about products from certain providers:
• For life insurance, we work with five companies – AIA, Asteron, Cigna, Fidelity Life and Partners Life.
• For health insurance, we work with six providers – Accuro, AIA, nib, Southern Cross, Partners Life and Unimed.
• For KiwiSaver, Bryan Tucker provides advice on a wide range of KiwiSaver products, but we currently only recommend Generate.
Fees or Expenses
Vesta Cover may charge a fee for the financial advice provided to a client where a client cancels a life, income, mortgage, trauma or health insurance policy within two years of starting the policy. Whether we charge a fee and how it will be charged will be advised when we provide the client's advice. This fee will be payable by the client by the 20th of the month after the policy is cancelled.
If a Vesta Cover adviser has agreed to provide a consultancy service for claims advocacy or other matters, a fee will be negotiated with our client before the service is provided. If a Vesta Cover adviser is designated as the servicing adviser for a policy on which claims advocacy is required, no fee will be charged.
Conflicts of Interest
For life, income, mortgage, trauma and health insurance, Vesta Cover and the financial adviser receive commissions from the insurance companies whose policies we give advice. If you decide to take out insurance, the insurer will pay a commission to Vesta Cover and your financial adviser. The amount of the commission we receive is based on the amount of the premium. To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client's interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made based on the client's goals and circumstances. This process includes utilising the services of an independent research house for every client. Independent research is used to help us select and recommend the most appropriate insurer for you. All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest.
If Vesta Cover agrees to apply a permanent discount to your premiums, the commission insurance companies pay us may be reduced by between 40% and 60%.
Compaints Handling and Dispute Resolution
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service, you can make a complaint by emailing email@example.com, or by calling: 0800 283 782 (option 2). You can also write to us at: 6 Creeve Place, Flat Bush, Auckland 2019.
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
• We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
• We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can't, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
• We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so. If we can't resolve your complaint or you aren't satisfied with the way we propose doing so, you can contact the Financial Disputes Resolution Scheme. Financial Disputes Resolution Scheme provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint if we haven't been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
You can contact the Financial Disputes Resolution Scheme by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling: 0508 337 337. You can also write to them at:
P O Box 2272,
Vesta Cover, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to how we give advice. We are required to:
• give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our interests don't materially influence our advice
• exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
• meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
• meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
Vesta Cover Limited (FSP731911- trading as Vesta Cover) is the Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact us at:
Phone: 0800 283 782 or 021 467 424
Address: 6 Creeve Place, Flat Bush, Auckland 2019